Original Cheesecake Factory recipe. A layer of Banana Cheesecake topped with a layer of Bavarian Cream. Baked in a Vanilla Wafer Crust,garnished with Fresh Banana slices.
- The Crust
- 1/4 cup melted margarine.
- 20 vanilla wafer sandwich cookies.
- The filling:
- 24 oz softened cream cheese.
- 2 tbspn cornstarch
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 large mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tspn vanilla extract
- The Garnish:
- 3 sliced bananas
An indulgent easy cheesecake recipe, the perfect ending to any dinner, even better if you make it a day in advance. make sure to check out our easy pasta recipes, that will leave your guests with mouthwatering memories.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place vanilla wafers in a food processor; pulse until finely crushed.
- Add margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press mixture onto bottom of 10″ springform pan; let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the crushed bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200°F and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost set, its very important to reduce temperature. cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- To garnish slice fresh bananas and decorate the top, serve wit fresh whipped cream.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.