Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi
1-2 lb fresh shrimp, cleaned and deveined
angel hair pasta
1 diced tomato
6-8 whole garlic cloves
1 diced shallot
1 pint heavy cream
1 cup dry white wine
For the shrimp:
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Pour enough olive oil into a large sauce pan in order to cover the bottom, turn to medium high heat. This is going to be the only pot that you will need for this sauce so it needs to be big. Soak the shrimp in milk and combine the dry ingredients (flour, cheese, salt, pepper). Coat the shrimp with the dry ingredients and let them fry in the olive oil, For about 2 minutes each side until it is golden brown. The Flour that falls off the shrimp will add great flavor and consistency to the sauce. Add more oil if necessary, between batches of shrimp. Dab the shrimp with a paper towel and then put aside.
2. Add the garlic to the oil, stir for a few minutes, then turn the heat to a medium low. Taste the food and spice accordingly to your likening, you will defiantly need some salt. Now add the wine and bring it to a boil. Then turn the heat to a low and cover, let the wine reduce,for about 10-15 minutes.
3. COOK THE ANGEL HAIR PASTA in a separate pot.
4. Add the cream, and bring it back to a boil, turn the heat to a low and simmer for about 10 more minutes. Now add the fried shrimp, Basil, diced tomato, and Parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken as it cools.
5. To plate pour some sauce on a arrange the shrimp around the bottom (10 or so), then take a ball of the pasta ans plate that above the shrimp. garnish with a little parsley.
This is a Cheesecake Factory recipe